بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalamualaikum. Last night I was searching for some how-tos to root my Sensation XE since I upgraded to official ICS without rooting first. Thanks to TheSnakeX I finally found the one that really works. For information, the best way is to S-OFF this android beast first using Revolutionary tool. However, this awesome tool does not support HBOOT 1.27.00. There is one way to S-OFF without using the Revolutionary, however it requires the phone to be rooted first. So, this is the How To root Sensation XE without S-OFF the device.
***DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK***
- HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 - Download here
- CMW recovery - The latest img for Pyramid - Download CMW 188.8.131.52
- SuperSU 0.88.zip - Download [23.04.2012] SuperSU v0.88.
- Copy SupperSU.zip file to SD root.
- Extract the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 to the Desktop.
- Connect the mobile phone and make sure it is in CHARGING MODE and USB development or debugging option is CHECKED.
- Execute One X.exe application.
Install the HTC drivers.
*Skip step 6 if the Sensation's bootloader is already unlocked using HTCdev unlock tool
- Register in HTCdev.com website, choose Unlock Bootloader, choose your device and follow the instructions.
- Rename CWM recovery to CWM5827, copy to HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace the existing.
- Flash CWM recovery using the toolkit, CWM should have been installed.
- From Commands choose Boot into recovery and from CWM flash (install zip) the SuperSU.zip.
- The phone is now should been rooted. Check using Root Checker.
- Source : [Guide] Root Official ICS ROM HBoot 1.27.000 Easely without S-Off